Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Michael's Hometown - Montgomery, NY

A few weeks back, on our way back from Vermont, we made a quick stop in the village of Montgomery, New York, so Megan could see where I spent eight years of my early life growing up. I lived there from the time I was three until I was eleven years old. I hadn't been back in many, many years but the town still looked just the same. As quaint and charming as always.

Highlights of our little nostalgia tour included stops at the park where I played little league baseball for the Montgomery Angels (We were not very good!), our old church - St. Mary's, and also my elementary school.


And of course the highlight (for me at least) was getting to see the old house. It looked great. The new owner(s) have certainly kept it up nicely and even added many nice upgrades.



Seeing the house and driving through the neighborhood brought back all kinds of memories. I was especially struck by how much smaller the neighborhood seemed. I remembered the blocks being much longer and the whole development as being much bigger. Perhaps it was because I was a lot smaller back then. But other than that, very little had changed...and that made me very happy! On our way out of town, we stopped for hot dogs and ice cream at one of the Maslowski's favorite places - Richard's Ice Cream. It quickly became one of Megan's favorite places as well...


No comments: